this time with my new SU Bud Basics set. I think this set could be really quite useful in the future. The “Merry Christmas” is a portion from a stamp in the Loads of Love Set.
Inks used were Starry, Starry Night (Whispers) and Red Magic (Vermagic Dewdrop).
The cardstock is SU Whisper White – OMG, so nice to stamp onto.
sorry, I scanned this rather than a photo, as I’ve got to make another one of the Wedding Cake contraptions for a friend (which I’d forgotten about, and it has to be done by next week).
For this the supplies were:
- Latte cardstock (PM)
- Snowmen Stamp (Magenta)
- Fa-la-la (Inkadinkado)
- Celebration Tag (7gs)
- Rudolph’s Nose Zoomz
- Aquaflo Brush
- Dark Blue Whispers Dye Ink
- Versafine in Black
- COPIC markers, Lyra watercolours and Sakura
- Dark Blue cardstock (River Deep Collection by PM)
- Red spotty paper (Wild Asparagus)
- Photo turn and square brad
- Orange Bazzill cardstock
- Dotty Paper from “Raining Cats & Dogs” 6×6 pack (English Paper Company)
- Brown dotty paper (Sweetwater)
- Blue cardstock (PM River Deep 8×8 collection)
- Magnolia Girl in Rain
- Memories Art Print Brown Permanent dye ink
- Azure Seas Whispers Dye Ink
- Orange Prima Daisy
- Butter Popcorn Zoomz (for centre of Prima)
- Striped ribbon (Scrap Goods kit)
- COPICS (Y15 Cadmium Yellow, YR24 Pale Sepia; E00 Skin White; R20 Blush; Y21 Buttercup Yellow; BV04 Blue Berry; C1 Cool Gray)
- Gold Sakura Gelly Roll
- Star Corner punch (to make ticket corner)
- Corner rounder punch
- A5 Purple Cow Cutter (with flutted blade fitted)
- Scrapbook Adhesive
- Scor-it Board
- Cut the 12×12 Orange cardstock in half, and score with the Scor-it board to make a 6×6 card.
- Stamp out the Magnolia image and colour with the COPICS. Trim around the image with the Purple Cow cutter and the flutted blade.
- Matt this image onto blue cardstock, and put aside until later.
- Take the dotted paper from the Raining Cats & Dogs pack, and trim to 5×5, then using the star corner punch make ticket corners. Run the Azure Seas ink around then edges, and matt onto dark brown spotted Sweetwater paper and add to the front of the card.
- Add the matted magnolia image slightly off centre.
- Tie the stripped ribbon around the left hand side (not quite into the spine).
- Add a Prima Daisy to the bottom left of the stamped image, with a Butterpopcorn Zoomz in the centre.
Basic Grey “Mellow” 6×6 paper pad
Jo Sonja’s Amethyst Paint
Jo Sonja’s Rich Gold Paint
Chiaro Flo Clear Embossing Power
Hero Arts Original Definitions set
Small Flower Stamp (PSX)
Embroidery Stich Stamp (Scrap Goods Kit)
Whispers Rich Plum Dye Ink
Timber Brown StazOn
Pixie Dust Versmagic Dewdrop
Green Bazzill cardstock
Dark Plum Bazzill cardstock
Dovecraft Large Corner Rounder Punch (with wings taken off)
Star Corner Punch (with star cut off)
Brown Satin Ribbon
Off White lace
Interferance Seed Beads (pressie from Angel)
- Take a piece of 12×12 white cardstock, and cut in half to measure 6×12. Using the Scor-it board, score in half. With the front facing cut the card diagonally.
- Line the inside of the card with the paper from English Paper Company, and stamp “A Big Happy Birthday” down the side in Black Memories Ink.
- Stamp the circle from the Paper Salon Tin on each of the squares on the paper with the Whispers Azure Seas ink.
- Take the green with blue dots border strip from the Get Groovy English Paper Border pack, and add to the front of the card.
- Stamp the swirl from the Paper Salon Tin using Grand Cranberry on the right side of the front.
- Take a spare piece of white cardstock and stamp the Humpty image in Art Print Brown Memories. Zap with a heat gun to set, and colour in with COPIC markers.
- Matt this onto a piece of bright blue from the River Deep Papermania pack, and punch the corners with the star punch. Add 3-d pads to the back, and mount across the front of the card over the green/blue dots paper. Run the Grand Cranberry Whispers Ink down the diagonal of the card.
- Take white card blank, fold and stamp on blooms and swirls from the Build a Bloom Tin in the Savoy Green and Whispers Dye Ink
- With the Rain pattern paper, cut the “Smile” word at 2.5″.
- Cut the blackout for it in grey cardstock.
- Assemble the two together, and layer the Primas and Brad over the dot of the i.
- Stick onto the cardblank with the Scrapbook Adhesive, being careful that you don’t get any squeeze out.
- Tie around some of the yellow ribbon from the MM mono ribbon set.
I think that I may well go on to add either some gems or glitter on some of the blooms….’cause I like bling.
Yep, I was right, when I looked at it again, it was just toooooo plain. So I added some Pearlidoodles (I love them and use them loads, but very few people have discovered them, they are a much cheaper, and IMHO better option than other dimensional paint that you can get), and I also added some Diamond Stickles, now I feel happier. It’s all drying, so I will add a new picture tomorrow.
- Cut a 12×12 piece of Light Blue Bazzill Cardstock in half and with the Scor-it board, score at 6″ and 8″. Fold the 6″ score in half, then the 8″ score back on itself.
- Line the inside of the card with a piece of paper from the BG Mellow Pack. Stamp the two righthand corners with one of the Quatro Corner Stamps in Barn Brown Whispers Dye Ink
- Cut out a silhouette monogram shape in white cardstock.
- Stamp this shape the Anemone flower with Art Print Brown and colour in with COPICs’. Stamp the Silken Knots around the edges using the Antqiue Linen Distress Ink.
- Mount this onto pale blue cardstock from the PM River Deep pack, and then matt again on a larger piece of brighter blue from the pack. Make sure that you flute the edges with the A5 Cutter. Make a hole on either side and secure the pale blue brads. On the other side, add a piece of pale blue cardstock to cover the brad ends (as this will show).
- On the piece of the card blank that you folded back, using the Silent Setter set a metallic blue brad either end. Thread the beads onto the Pink DMC wire, and secure towards the bottom of the card. Tie on a couple of pieces of KI Sashes along side this knot.
- Using the Paper Salon Build a Bloom Tin, stamp flowers, swirls and leaves in Whisper Dye Inks as appropriate.
Filed under Caardvarks, Card, COPIC, Hero Arts, Memories Ink, Paper Salon, Papermania, Penny Black, Purple Cow, Stamping, Whispers Dye Ink
without a doubt (but after a bit of a wobbly start) Paper Salon’s Build a Bloom tin is one of my very favouritest stamps. Wobbly, why? Well because I nearly ripped off the backing by mis-reading the instructions, and I have a little bit of trouble with them dropping off the block…..but apart from that, love ’em.
Staples on this card, my Purple Cow A5 cutter, which I essentially only use for cutting the flutted edge………..also my COPICS, Whisper Dye Inks and DCWV paper stack.
- Latte Cardstock (Papermania)
- White Cardstock (Papermania)
- Lucia 6×6 paper (7gs Baja Journey Pack)
- Paper Salon Build a Bloom Set
- Coneflower Stamp by Magenta
- Swirl (Hero Arts “K” clear stamp set)
- Art Brown Memories Permanent Ink
- Coffee Bean Brilliance Dewdrop
- Whispers Savoy Green Dye Ink
- Whispers Orange Dye Ink
- Cricut Machine
- Mini Monograms Cricut Cartridge
- Mini brads
- Scor-it board
- Diamond Stickles
- and, yes, COPIC’s (I can’t image how I did without them!). Chinese Orange, Lime Green and Buttercup Yellow.
- Cut a piece of the Latte 8×8 cardstock in half and score into a 4×4″ cardblank.
- Stamp the flowers and swirl (Paper Salon set) over this using the Savoy Green and Orange Whispers. Run the Orange ink around the edges.
- Cut a piece of the Baja Journey paper approximately 2.5×2.5″, ink with the Savoy Green ink, and place at an angle on the cardblank.
- Cut the central white piece with the Cricut and the Mini Monograms Cartridge. I cut mine to 2 1/2″ I think.
- Stamp on the Coneflowers in Memories Art Print Brown, and colour in with the COPIC’s, then stamp the swirls (HA “K” set) in Coffee Bean Brilliance. Run the Savoy Green ink around the edges.
- Place the plain silver brads in the holes and colour with the Chinese Orange COPIC.
- Colour the cone parts of the main image with Diamond Stickles.
- Take a piece of the dark brown cardstrock from the Neutral pack, and cut in half, the score in half to make a 4 x 4″ card blank.
- Stamp the Floral Heart over the card blank using Barn Brown.
- Take a scrap of white cardstock and trim with the flutted blade.
- Stamp the baby in the pram image from the stamp sheet in Memories black, and colour in with the COPIC’s.
- Matt this on to a latte piece of cardstock from the Neutrals pack.
- Run the Blue Metallic Marker around the outside of the matt.
- Cut a piece of the stripe paper the same size as the latte, and run the Blue Metallic Marker around the outside for definition.
- Place on the cardblank at an angle, and place the image over the top square on.
- Layer orange, blue and yellow Primas together, and place a blue brad in the centre. Add this to the corner of the main image matt.
- Tie a piece of the beige fibre around the spine.
Filed under Aud's Stamps, Basic Grey, Card, COPIC, Markers and Colouring, Memories Ink, Papermania, Prima, Purple Cow, Scor it, Stamping, Whispers Dye Ink