as Toodles and Binks are now going to be sponsoring the challenge on a regular basis, and this week was our first week, I just had to take part, as for the last two weeks I’ve got as far as actually colouring in something, and then not having time to come through!
I decided I would use Chickadee (RRP-010), and make a small Easter Card for the Inlaws.
I used my large shaped label nestie as the basis for the card (but just staying short of the top, so you end up with a folded card) and then cut out the same shape again in pattern paper and lined it up just at the bottom. I will try and do a quick tutorial of that in the week if I can.
My I have to say so many of you are loving both Chickadee and Amelie Bunnykins.
to cheer myself up – ‘cos I is very poorly, I’ve just dragged myself into a more upright position and swooshed a bit more Moon Glow Saxifrage Olive Copper around.
- Stamp: In My Garden Love Grows (Toodles & Binks 09-01-RRP-009) and Mixed Boquet Set (SU – supplied by Caz)
- Whispers White Cardstock (SU) and Kraft Cardstock (Prism)
- Masque pen
- Kiss pattern paper (7gs)
- Versamark Ink and verious fluid chalk inks
- Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, Pretty in Pink Dye Inks (SU)
- Chiaro Flo Embossing Powder
- COPICS: Cadmium Orange (YR07), Lavender (V06), Sky (B24) the nearest to the challenge colour B28 I had also Lime Green (G21), Pale Lilac (V12)
- Moonglow Starburst Stain – Saxifrage Olive Copper
- Sakura Pens
- Lilac and pale lemon organza ribbon
- Green Button (BG Obscure pack)
- Crystal Pearles Perles (which I coloured with the B24)
- Silicone glue
- Scor-pal & trusty MM trimmer
- Nestie: odd shape labels (sorry not sure what it’s really called) and edge border nestie
- Cuttlebug Machine
- embossed the tree In my Garden Love Grows using Versamark and Chiaro Flo EP, used masque pen on hearts, washed over with the Starburt Stains, dried with heat gun, and ironed off EP.
- rubbed off masque pen and coloured with the Cadmium Yellow and Lavender to darken in places.
- coloured the pearls with the Sky
- stamped images from Mixed Bouqet set and coloured with Pale Lilac and Lime Green, added Sakura in places
Filed under Basic Grey, Chiaro Flo EP, COPIC, Cuttlebug, Fluid Chalk Ink, Heat Embossing, Love Grows (RRP-009), Markers and Colouring, Prism, Stampin' Up (SU), Stamping, Versamagic
- Pattern Paper – English Paper Company
- Green Cardstock – Prism
- PM Buff, Cream and Brown cardstock
- Stamps: Fish and Basket (on the inside of the card) – Creative Expressions & Hand Stamped By (SU)
- COPIC Markers
- Chiaro Flo Clear Embossing Powder – SG-me!
- Palette Noir Ink
- Versamark & Lime Green Fluid Chalk Ink
- Green Stitched Ribbon – AMM
- Scor-it Board
- Cricut with Base Camp Cartridge
- Loopy Bard – Karen Foster
Used the Base Camp cartridge to cut the 80 and the postal stamp rectange and shadow background.
Stamped out the fish, roughly coloured in with COPICs, covered with Versamark and then several layers of Chiaro Flo (I know that it’s our own product, but it really is the most amazingly clear EP!).
Well, well, well …………. Peep Show won best Situation Comedy at the BAFTA’s last night, it was worth sitting through the whole thing just to see that. Such a shame the lovely David Mitchell didn’t win best Comedy Actor (he was robbed). I’m not a fan of Gavin & Stacy and don’t see the appeal of the fat chap, James somethingorother, who did win.
To celebrate I ordered the Series 1 of Peep Show for Rob (ohhh, I admit it me too) – who is now a massive convert to the series and a huge fan of the wonderful creation of Mark Corrigan.
Filed under Base Camp, Card, COPIC, Cricut, English Paper Co, Fluid Chalk Ink, Markers and Colouring, Palette Ink, Papermania, Prism, Ribbon, Scor it, Stampin' Up (SU), Stamping, Versamagic
Stamps: Sugar Nellie (712), Tree and flowers (from Loads of Love SU set), Bench (Magnolia Nov/Dec 07 Stamp Club)
Ink: Palette Noir, Gingerbread Versamagic Dewdrop
Cardstock: Green, Cream & Razzleberry Dark
Other: COPICs, Twinkling H2O’s, Sakura pens, Cricut Machine, Base Camp & Walk in my Garden Cartridge, Lilac Gems (PM)
Filed under Base Camp, Card, COPIC, Cricut, Gems, Magnolia, Markers and Colouring, Palette Ink, Papermania, Prism, Stampin' Up (SU), Sugar Nellie, Twinkling H20's, Versamagic, Walk in My Garden
I actually broke out my embossing powders and Ecoline inks last night to make a birthday card or two for some friends next week.
Stamp the Savvy Dahlia both in Perfect Puleria & Aegean Blue, and tie around the purple ribbon.
Then prepare the background image by stamping the heart image from the Magenta Nov/Dec Stamp Club, and then emboss with Chiaro Flo embossing powder.
Paint over the whole thing with the Magenta Ecoline, allowing light and dark areas. When dry, iron off the EP to leave the white image. Stamp the vine from the Nov/Dec pack, and colour in with G16 marker, add Peralidoodles to the small dots on the image.
Over stamp the Magenta flower image in Palette Noir ink, and add the metal flowers/Prima. Matt onto the Razzleberry Light cardstock, and ink with Pefect Pulmeria Versamagic. Mount on the front of the card.
Place tiny dots of Perlidoodles in both Pink and Pearl in the centres of the stamped Dahlia images. Also add three larger dots of Pearlidoodles in the top and bottom righthand edges.
As usual, you can click on the image to view larger.
Filed under COPIC, Ecoline, Heat Embossing, Magenta, Magnolia, Markers and Colouring, Palette Ink, Papermania, Pearlidoodles, Savvy Stamps, SG-me, Stampin' Up (SU), Uncategorized, Versamagic, Versamagic Dewdrop
this time with my new SU Bud Basics set. I think this set could be really quite useful in the future. The “Merry Christmas” is a portion from a stamp in the Loads of Love Set.
Inks used were Starry, Starry Night (Whispers) and Red Magic (Vermagic Dewdrop).
The cardstock is SU Whisper White – OMG, so nice to stamp onto.
Make 6×6 cardblank using Scor-it board.
Cut pattern paper to 5.5 x 5.5. Punch ticket corners and run round the edge with the Perfect Pulmaria Versamagic.
Place a piece of the word vellum down the left hand side, and mount onto the card.
Cut a piece of Papaya Puree Medium cardstock to about 4.5 x 4.5. Stamp with the Stampington cube in both Perfect Pulmaria and Pearlescent Purple – I used the starfish and mesh images. Run round the edge with the Perfect Pulmaria ink, and place on the card at a jaunty angle.
Cut a piece of the Sage Green Medium cardstock to about 4.5 x 4.5, and tie round a piece of cream ribbon. Mount to the card at an opposite jaunty angle to the Papaya.
With the A5 Purple Cow cutter and the fluted blade, cut a piece of white cardstock to about 3.5 x 3.5 and stamp the mermaid image with Palette Noir. Heat set and colour in with the COPICs (I only have a limited range, and there is a list of the colours somewhere on the blog). Add the giveaway photocorner to the top righthand side and mount on the green matt.
Line the inside of the card – I stamped the starfish image on mine. I also tend to stamp the envelope with a co-ordinating image.
Filed under Brilliance Dewdrop, COPIC, Magnolia, Markers and Colouring, Palette Ink, Prism, Purple Cow, Scor it, Stamping, Stampington, Versamagic, Versamagic Dewdrop
- Cut piece of Lime Green cardstock in half to measure 12 x 6, and score using Scor-it Board (making a 6×6 square cardblank).
- Cut out the square of AMM pattern paper with the ribbon embellishment printed on it, and cut to approx 5.5×5.5. Punch each corner with the star punch and stamp all over with the Merry & Bright stamp using Gingerbread Dew Drop. Run the same ink around the edges, and then mount on the cardblank.
- Using Memories Black, stamp the Trio of Angels onto white cardstock, and colour in with the COPIC’s and Sakura pens.
- Trim with the Purple Cow A5 cutter (with flutted blade fitted).
- Matt this image onto dark green cardstock and mount on the card.
One of the girls at work asked me to make a card (well quite a few actually), but this one is a rush job for Wednesday for a little girl who is going to be 5 I think (need to check that).
Pretty much like most of the cards I make really, but briefly here we go:-
- Cut piece of 12×12 white cardstock in half, and with scor-it board make into a 6×6 cardblank.
- Take a piece of the Fairy Fun yellow flower paper, and cut to around 5×5 using the Purple Cow cutter and the flutted blad. Matt onto dark pink cardstock, and punch all corners with the star corner punch. Add to the white card.
- On white cardstock stamp the Tinkerbelle image with Art Print Brown ink, and heat set. Colour in with COPIC Markers and Sakura Gel and Mettalic pens. Trim the edges of this image with the Purple Cow and flutted blade. Matt on yellow sparkle paper and then dark pink cardstock. Run the Pixie Dust Dewdrop around the edge, and then add to centre of card.
- Stamp “happy birthday” at an angle in Perfect Pulmaria Dewdrop.
- Add pink Prima Daisy to bottom left of image, and add a Zoomz in the centre.
- Tie a piece of pink satin ribbon around the top of the spine and, then tie two extra small pieces of the same ribbon.
- Inside, and on the envie stamp “Wishing you a birthday that is just your style”.
I will probably add a number to this card, but I can’t remember if it was 3 or five. I may well get fancy and cut a larger number out of shink with Dave the Cricut and shrink it down, and then tie onto the pink ribbon…I will wait and see for that bit tomorrow.
I’ve been mega, mega busy at work, with no sign of it letting up, but at least the day goes by quickly.
Whilst working on this card, I’ve been listening to Russell Howard and the oh, so funny Jon Richardson…..he’s just the funniest thing ever, and just a little bit foxy.