this is a spare piece of the Roses in Winter paper I had left over, which is matted on dark purple.
Made a 6×6 card, and then cut off a couple of inches from the front righthand side, ticket punched the cornners, and mounted the piece to the front of the card.
The quotation is from my new Tim Holtz set I got yesterday.
It doesn’t show up in the photo very well, but I added Diamond Stickles to to the two stamped flowers, then added a dark purple silk flower, with a Prima Crasy Daisy in the centre of it, secured with a Papermania brad and a single leaf from the Walk in the Garden Cricut Cartridge I had haning around on my desk.
Made with Back Grey Lily Kate Collection pack and various shades of green, purple, blue and pink cardstock. SU Hostess set stamped in Pallette Noir ink, coloured in with COPICs and then sakura dots added, stickles and diamond glaze over top (front cover ones).
It was the first time I used my Zutter BIA, and I have to admit that probably reading the directions might have been good, but I was so short of time.
My friend Karen had asked me in the afternoon to produce this for her little Molly to add pictures and stories in for her nursery teacher. Given I had only about half an hour, it’s not bad.
really quick card using my favourite Non-Seq set.
Stamps: all Non-Sequitur 85
Palette Noir ink
Blue card blank (Papermania)
Whisper White Cardstock (SU from Stampingcaz)
Maroon ribbon (Scrap Goods kit)
COPICS: YG03, G99, B21, YR24, YG95, G21, R29, R20, C1 & BV23 (see the COPIC page for the colour names)
I think I might add some stickles to the flower heads – I feel the need for bling.
- Wizard Light Cardstock(Prism)
- Herbal Garden Light (Prism)
- White Cardstock (Prism)
- AMM pattern paper
- Bella (courtesy of Petra)
- “wishing you a birthday that is just your style” by Stamping Bella (for inside of card)
- Black Memories Permanent Dye Ink
- Green jewel brad (PM)
- Flower (PM embellishment kit)
- Hero Arts 3mm gems
- Lime Green Stickles
- Cricut Machine
- Mini Monograms Cartridge
- Scor-it Board
- A5 Purple Cow Cutter (using flutted blade)
- Green spotty ribbon (SG-me!) **new spring colour**
- COPIC Markers in Skin White (E00), Cool Grey (G1), Brick Beige (E31), Honey (Y38), Caramel (YR14), Amethyst (V17), Blush (R20), Lime Green (G21), Blue Berry (BV04)
- Sakura pens – Clear Gelly Roll and Purple Metallic and Quickie Glue Pen
- Tombow Mono Adhesive
- Double-sided tape
- Cut the Celedon (12×12) cardstock in half to measure 6×12″).
- With the Scor-it Board score at 6″ and 4″ to make the fold back card blank.
- Cover what then becomes the inside (but exposed side) of the card with the AMM dotty paper, and add some Hero Arts Gems and Lime Green Stickles to some of the dots (see the picture).
- Stamp the Bella image in Memories ink and heat set. Colour in with the COPIC markers and Sakura pens. Trim to size using the A5 Purple Cow cutter (with flutted blade fitted). Matt onto Wizard cardstock.
- Add gems to three of the corners, and a flower to the bottom lefthandside (which I secured with a jewel brad).
- Apply to the fold back section of the card (see the picture).
- Using the Mini Monogram Cartridge cut out “18” from Wizard cardstock and secure to the Bella Image.
- Take white card blank, fold and stamp on blooms and swirls from the Build a Bloom Tin in the Savoy Green and Whispers Dye Ink
- With the Rain pattern paper, cut the “Smile” word at 2.5″.
- Cut the blackout for it in grey cardstock.
- Assemble the two together, and layer the Primas and Brad over the dot of the i.
- Stick onto the cardblank with the Scrapbook Adhesive, being careful that you don’t get any squeeze out.
- Tie around some of the yellow ribbon from the MM mono ribbon set.
I think that I may well go on to add either some gems or glitter on some of the blooms….’cause I like bling.
Yep, I was right, when I looked at it again, it was just toooooo plain. So I added some Pearlidoodles (I love them and use them loads, but very few people have discovered them, they are a much cheaper, and IMHO better option than other dimensional paint that you can get), and I also added some Diamond Stickles, now I feel happier. It’s all drying, so I will add a new picture tomorrow.