This is the first time I’ve got to play with the new Rose Tapestry Sheet (BIU-017), and I am having heaps of fun with it.
I used a portion of the Rose Tapestry 6×6 main stamp as well as “Deepest Sympathy” and the “Rose Leaves” quotation on the inside.
I deliberately ran a bit of extra Versamark around some of the edge of the “Deepest Sympathy” stamp so that it picked up some of the Galactic Gold EP and gave it a slightly distressed look.
V12 ~ Pale Lilac
G21 ~ Lime Green
RV34 ~ Dark Pink
Y00 ~ Barium Yellow
YG95 – Pale Olive
Rich Cocoa Moment0 Ink
Bamboo Moment Ink
Sakura Quickie Pen
Crystal Glitter (SU)
Prism Cardstock: Sage Medium, Epic Laid Black, Blush Red Dark
Doodlebug Stripe Pattern Paper
Sizzix Swirl Die
White Peals coloured with Copic Marker
EK Success Circle Punch
Scallop Circle Punch (SU)
Galactic Gold Embossing Powder by SG-me!
Nestie: Labels Four
Filed under Card, COPIC, Cuttlebug, Galaxy Gold EP, Momento, Nestabilities, Prism, Rose Tapestry (BIU-017) Sheet, Stampin' Up (SU), Stamping, Toodles & Binks
mmmm, now this picture (taken by the Rubbah Elf I hasten to add) just does not do justice to how shiney the embossed circles are, or how beautifully irridescent the fish are in real life….. it’s all really 3-d, but again it most definitely has not come through – this is destined for a Birthday Boy tomorrow, so I am not sure if I can bet a better shot, but will give it a go.
Hippity hopping around is much better, but I am still in loads of pain – this bit of crafting has made me feel way better though.
EDITED TO ADD: Nope try as I might I can’t capture just how this shines in reality – soz about that.
E11 ~ Barely Beige
E27 ~ Africano
E31 ~ Brick Beige
E41 ~ Pearl White
E57 ~ Light Walnut
G21 ~ Lime Green
R02 ~ Flesh
YR 14 ~ Caramel
YR24 ~ Pale Sepia
Cutlebug: Standard Circles and Petite Scallop Circles
Cuttlebug: Circles Embossing Folder
Filed under At the Galaxy, Brilliance, Chiaro Flo EP, COPIC, Cuttlebug, Heat Embossing, Irridescent Medium, Markers and Colouring, Momento Ink, Nestabilities, Prism, Stamping
A quick birthday card for my Father-in-Law, well if you factor out waiting for the Pearlidoodles to dry.
Stamps: Guiseppe Forks (09-04-SAH-012) Toodles & Binks at Stamp Galaxy
Inks: Gingerbread & Aegan Blue Dewdrops; Momento Brown
Other: Cuttlebug with Large Circle and Scallop Nesties, Blue and Red Pearlidoodles
B14 ~ Light Blue
E02 ~ Fruit Pink
C1 ~ Cool Grey
RV29 ~ Crimson
E40 ~ Brick White
E31 ~ Brick Beige
YG07 ~ Acid Green
BV00 ~ Mauve Shadow
YG67 ~ Moss
G21 ~ Lime Green
W3 ~ Warm Grey
Guy doesn’t eat that much choccie, but he does love Fruit and Nut ……so I whilst he is out strimming some of the wilder areas in the garden, I knocked this up for him for Sunday.
Hopefully, I will get back later on to post some more, as I have another similar project to complete for my Mum 0- Ijust need to make Fish Pie for this evening and the strimming Elf a cuppa Java first ……… o0hhhh, and perhaps get dressed!
If you get a chance hop over to Toodles & Binks Blog as there are a few clues showing up here and there for some new releases (I’ve seen them, and they are so completely gorgeous) play along over the coming days by keeping a note of the changes that are being made to the blog and over at Stamp Galaxy, and you could be in to win some blog candy, and also get added into the “Win it all” draw on 31st December 2009 when some lucky blog reader who has contributed in some way will stand to win all of the T&B stamps, zoomz and a whole lot more.
Just a quick tag, courtesy of Marks & Spencer – I raced in yesterday to grab a few bits and pieces (as Tooldes is staying with her Grandpartents for a week, and I am away on non T&B business).
M&S have now started to use a lot thick cardboard tags, and thread instead of yucky plastic ones, and the tage was just too nice and thick to throw away, so I altered it to hang on Toodles Easter present for next week.
A quick how to:
- Cut two small pieces of Amy Butler pattern paper just large enough to cover the pre-printed product details on both of the tags, but leaving some of the lovely pre-printed scroll work on the top and edges of the back. Run the Gingerbread ink pad around the edges and adhere.
- Layer up the brown and yellow silk flowers, hold together with a brad, and adhere at bottom righthand side at the front.
- Tie a piece of pale green silk ribbon around the tag, and secure in a knot at the front.
- Cut of the middle tag from the nested tag dies in white cardstock.
- Stamp the “Easter Wishes” from the Chickadee stamp in Old Olive Ink, edge the tag with Pretty in Pink Ink
- Cover the tag with versamark ink, and sprinkle on some SU Heat’n’stick powder, heat with heat gun until it melts, then sprinkle on some of the SU Crystal Glitter, shake off the excess and heat again to set.
- Adhere the tag with 3-d foam pads just above the flower at an angle (adding a small gold brad).
- Tie the pink fringed ribbon through the tag hole, but leave the lovely silk thread that was tied to the garment in place.
I get all my SU bits and bobs from my lovely friend Caz.
just a little quick altered art piece for my Toodles to wear at Easter.
I need to take another picture as this closeup looks grainey – when in actuall fact because I used Chiaro Flo EP is is smooth as glass, and the others I have just discarded were out of focus. I might have to put the might of the Technical Rubbah Elf to work to get a good closeup.
- Anyway, stamp Amelie on the bear piece of stampboard, and then stamp the same image on a piece of Frisket masking tape and cut out the masking tape image.
- Place the mask over the top of Amelie and run the Marvy Blox (with the lightest green towards the middle down one side, and then turn it around so the lightest green meets it on the other side).
- Wait until this dries – I am officially rubbish about that bit – take the mask of Miss Bunnykins and colour her in with colouring pencils.
- Use stampboard scrathy thingy to scrape the surpace of her tail and colour with white.
- Colour Amelie with pencils and then smooth out with Zest it – I couldn’t find my blending stumps so just used the white pencil that came in the set – it worked a treat.
- Colour her tail with white pencile and then white gel pen.
- Add further white gel pen highlights etc.
- Place a piece of Frisket over the bottom of the stampboard. It stops it picking up too much stray EP as you do multi-layers on the front.
- One the gel pen has dried, completely cover the front with Versamark ink and sprinkle on a good portion of Chiaro Flo EP.
- Heat and repeat to get several layers – I think I did 4.
- Add versamark to edges of piece one by one, and then lay each edge in turn in the Spearmint Pearlised EP – I did two layers.
- Take off the Frisket from the bottom and do several thin coats of the Spearmint, and then a really thick coat to get the pitted look (or smooth if you are a smooth kinda gal).
- Re-heat the top of the piece and carefully sprinkle in pieces of the Spearmint EP around the top and edges. Keep sprinkling and heating until you get the desired look – remember you can always add, but taking away is not an option using this method!
- Give it a quick blast all over to ensure that it is all smooth.
- Punch a hole – actually, probably a good idea to punch before you have the final layer of EP on the front as I had to repair the damage.
Voila as they say ……….. and Toodles is delighted with it. I just need to either string some beads or do a leather thong rather than the velvet ribbon – or at the very least put a jump ring on and then re-thread with the ribbon.
I can’t wait to play with Chickadee now, and I have some fabbie new designs that will be released very soon to work on too.
here’s my entry for the new Copic Challenge blog, which this time was a sketch and then any choice of Copic colour.
I really enjoyed the challenge, but worked the three squares across the bottom slightly differently, by doing a fold back card, so that one of the squares is on the bottom layer.
- Stamps: SU Unfrogettable Set (retired)
- Milky White Shrink Plastic
- Horrendously expensive colouring pencils
- Staz on
- Classic Scallop Recetangles Large)
- Copics: E31 Brick Beige; YR09 Cadmium Orange; R02 Flesh; E41 Pearl White; YG03 Yellow Green; C1
- Sakura Gellyroll