Category Archives: Pearlidoodles
that’s better, it’s just amazing what bit of Pearlidoodles and Stickles does for the bling factor. Much happier with it now, plus it’s really touchy feely.
Thank for the lovely comments about the bead Caardvarks card, actually it probably took about 25 minutes tops to do, the worst bit was stringing the beads. I am really lucky though to have most of what I need at my finger tips. The trouble I have is using different stamps….I tend to stick to what is on my desk till I completely tidy away, and then I will go searching for other ones for a project.
That style of card is so quick, and very effective, and the beauty of it is that because I use a lot of the 6×6 pads, I can get a very different look each time by adding a different paper to the inside – plus, there is no cutting to be done…other than sometimes my sticking abilities leave a lot to be desired and I have to trim a little around one of the edges.
Scoring too (now that I’m used to the Scor-it) is a breeze. I have to say that it took me a bit of practice with the Scor-it, but I am really glad (a) that I bought it even though it was devillishy expensive and (b) that I kept on plugging away ’til I got the knack with it.
- White card blank
- Basic Grey Lily Kate Rain
- Grey Cardstock (Prism)
- Pink & Lemon Primas
- Antique Brad
- Paper Salon Build a Bloom Tin
- Whispers Dye Ink in Savoy Green and Lilac
- Cricut Machine & Mini Monograms Cartridge
- Lemon Pearlidoodles
- Diamond Stickles
- Scrapbook Adhesive
- Making Memories Yellow Ribbon
- Take white card blank, fold and stamp on blooms and swirls from the Build a Bloom Tin in the Savoy Green and Whispers Dye Ink
- With the Rain pattern paper, cut the “Smile” word at 2.5″.
- Cut the blackout for it in grey cardstock.
- Assemble the two together, and layer the Primas and Brad over the dot of the i.
- Stick onto the cardblank with the Scrapbook Adhesive, being careful that you don’t get any squeeze out.
- Tie around some of the yellow ribbon from the MM mono ribbon set.
I think that I may well go on to add either some gems or glitter on some of the blooms….’cause I like bling.
Yep, I was right, when I looked at it again, it was just toooooo plain. So I added some Pearlidoodles (I love them and use them loads, but very few people have discovered them, they are a much cheaper, and IMHO better option than other dimensional paint that you can get), and I also added some Diamond Stickles, now I feel happier. It’s all drying, so I will add a new picture tomorrow.
I probably need to photograph this card, as a flat scan isn’t doing it justice. Still for now, it will have to do.
- Pale Pink Bazzil
- DCWV Floral Stack
- Base Camp Cartridge for Cricut
- Angel Kisses Daisies in Blue
- Quatro Corner Stamp set by Hero Arts
- Pink Pearlidoodles
- Scor-it Board
- Purple Cow A5 cutter (with flutted blade)
Using Scor-it I created a 6×6 card blank, and cut the front at a diagonal.
Next cut the “kiss kiss hug hug” image using Base Camp Cartridge with Dave (my Cricut), and added to the card.
Placed Angel Kisses down the side and stamped one of the corner images on bottom left hand side.
Cut down the blue floral paper with the Purple Cow cutter, stamped the same corner stamp on each corner, then added an Angel Kisses to the top right hand side. Also flutted the side and top of the card.
Pink Pearlidoodles were added to all of the flower centres.
For the inside I fluted a piece of the blue floral paper
- Basic Grey Mellow 6×6 pad – for the stripe and blue stained paper (that’s what the larger blooms are stamped on to)
- Bazzil red cardstock
- Turquoise velvet paper
- Paper Salon Build a Bloom set
- Diamond Stickles
- Pale Yellow Pearlidoodles
- Memories Ink in Art Print Brown
- COPIC’s in Cadmium Yellow (Y15), Lipstick Red (R29), Phthalo Blue (B23) and Lime Green (G21), Colourless blender (0)
- Scor-it board
- Make a 5″ square card using the Scor-it board.
- Cut a 4″ square of the stripe paper from the Mellow stack.
- Mount on some of the blue stained paper from the Mellow pack.
- Further mount on the turquoise velvet paper.
- Mount all of these to the card.
- On some of the spare blue stained paper stamp three of the larger blooms from the tin, and colour in as per the card with the COPIC’s.
- Cut out and turn up the petals.
- Stamp out two of the smaller flower from the tine and cut out, again turning up the petals slightly.
- Stamp out 5 of the leaves from the tin on to turquoise velvet paper and cut out.
- Mount all of the flowers and leaves on to the card.
- Add Stickles to the centres of the larger blooms, and pearlidoodles to the small details on the smaller circles.
- Stamp sentiment inside, and also prepare a stamped envelope.
I’m finally catching up on some of my commitments, this is from the UK STampers challenge a good while ago – Define your Space – in which we had to do a label, hanger, etc., to define something in our stamping/scrapping area.
This is my little contribution – and I’ve learnt a salutory lesson – punch the holes with the Crop-adile before you stick on the blasted buttons, so you know that you have enough room!
I used a wood coaster that I’ve had hanging around for ages, and painted it with Rich Gold Jo Sonja’s.
Added a strip of Sweeter “Life in Bloom” paper across the middle, and then added MM rub-ons onto white cardstock (PM White), and covered them completely with Marvy Metallic Gold pen.
Stamped the small postal image from Aud’s Circle Sentiments sheet in Blazing Red StazOn, and coloured the hearts in with Green Gelly Roll pen by Sakura.
Along the top seam of the pattern paper, I added PM brown buttons tied with DMC embroidery thread in alternating green and orange. Plus one orange and one brown button also tied with thread near the postal image.
The green ribbon is by Anna Griffin, which I got in a QVC kit ages ago, and has been mouldering at the bottom of the ribbon basket since then.