as Toodles (Lydia) will be 10 on Saturday. Actually, it’s my MIL’s birthday on the same day, so I will also need to pull out my finger and get on with her cards tomorrow.
Any a BIG, BIG thank you to Han – power to the sisterhood – for the wonderful image used on this card – I have a feeling that it’s a Stampendous one (I know Caz has it), so hopefully Han or Caz can confirm that.
Cream gatefold cardblank (PM)
Brown cardstock (Bazzill)
Stamp: Monkies with Heart Ballon (Stampendous) & “A BIG thank you” (Stamping Bella)
Scrap diamond ribbon
AI Crystal Glitter
Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura)
Concave Punch (Creative Imaginations)
BG Notch ‘n Die tool
COPICS: E31 (Brick Beige), B26 (Cobalt Blue), B24 (Sky)
Sakura Mettlic Gelly Roll in Blue
Rub ons (Making Memories)
although I have to say that I am not all happy with this, and it will be a do-over. The frame wasn’t that bad, but I’ve made a complete hash of the rest of it (definitely under par). Probably has something to do with having had a rotten day, and then rushing it.
Still the idea is there now, and I will take off the central frame bit next week. I know that, most certainly the 3 needs to be in chipboard, and the Sophie is should be smaller, as it just swamps the whole thing.
I did a draft of the first one earlier in the day, and have just published it, but it’s below this morning’s published post for some reasons. Anyhoo….
Supplies for this one are:
- Orange Bazzill cardstock
- White Prism cardstock
- Scrap of Red Bazzill cardstock
- Raining Cats & Dogs 6×6 pad (English Paper Co) for the cat/dog image and the striped paper
- Girl with Umbrella (Magnolia)
- Corner Rounder
- COPICs (E31Brick Beige; E00 Skin White; B21 Baby Blue; C1 Cool Gray)
- Scor-it Board
to take photos. Both of them are using the lovely Magnolia stamp that Stampingcaz kindly sent me. Unfortunately, she is having to wait for the one from me, as it’s not in stock yet.
Oh how did love colouring in the stamp, it’s bigger than a Bella, so a bit more of a meaty project.
I promised some of the girls on UK STampers that I would do a quick colouring tutorial (such as my colouring is) just to show how ease the whole process is with COPICS. Obviously, I can’t yet achieve the same look as some of the lovely USA gals, but I’m trying.
The other thing that I’m loving at the mo is the English Paper “Raining Cats & Dogs”, it’s oh so sweet.
- Orange Bazzill cardstock
- Dotty Paper from “Raining Cats & Dogs” 6×6 pack (English Paper Company)
- Brown dotty paper (Sweetwater)
- Blue cardstock (PM River Deep 8×8 collection)
- Magnolia Girl in Rain
- Memories Art Print Brown Permanent dye ink
- Azure Seas Whispers Dye Ink
- Orange Prima Daisy
- Butter Popcorn Zoomz (for centre of Prima)
- Striped ribbon (Scrap Goods kit)
- COPICS (Y15 Cadmium Yellow, YR24 Pale Sepia; E00 Skin White; R20 Blush; Y21 Buttercup Yellow; BV04 Blue Berry; C1 Cool Gray)
- Gold Sakura Gelly Roll
- Star Corner punch (to make ticket corner)
- Corner rounder punch
- A5 Purple Cow Cutter (with flutted blade fitted)
- Scrapbook Adhesive
- Scor-it Board
- Cut the 12×12 Orange cardstock in half, and score with the Scor-it board to make a 6×6 card.
- Stamp out the Magnolia image and colour with the COPICS. Trim around the image with the Purple Cow cutter and the flutted blade.
- Matt this image onto blue cardstock, and put aside until later.
- Take the dotted paper from the Raining Cats & Dogs pack, and trim to 5×5, then using the star corner punch make ticket corners. Run the Azure Seas ink around then edges, and matt onto dark brown spotted Sweetwater paper and add to the front of the card.
- Add the matted magnolia image slightly off centre.
- Tie the stripped ribbon around the left hand side (not quite into the spine).
- Add a Prima Daisy to the bottom left of the stamped image, with a Butterpopcorn Zoomz in the centre.
One of the girls at work asked me to make a card (well quite a few actually), but this one is a rush job for Wednesday for a little girl who is going to be 5 I think (need to check that).
Pretty much like most of the cards I make really, but briefly here we go:-
- Cut piece of 12×12 white cardstock in half, and with scor-it board make into a 6×6 cardblank.
- Take a piece of the Fairy Fun yellow flower paper, and cut to around 5×5 using the Purple Cow cutter and the flutted blad. Matt onto dark pink cardstock, and punch all corners with the star corner punch. Add to the white card.
- On white cardstock stamp the Tinkerbelle image with Art Print Brown ink, and heat set. Colour in with COPIC Markers and Sakura Gel and Mettalic pens. Trim the edges of this image with the Purple Cow and flutted blade. Matt on yellow sparkle paper and then dark pink cardstock. Run the Pixie Dust Dewdrop around the edge, and then add to centre of card.
- Stamp “happy birthday” at an angle in Perfect Pulmaria Dewdrop.
- Add pink Prima Daisy to bottom left of image, and add a Zoomz in the centre.
- Tie a piece of pink satin ribbon around the top of the spine and, then tie two extra small pieces of the same ribbon.
- Inside, and on the envie stamp “Wishing you a birthday that is just your style”.
I will probably add a number to this card, but I can’t remember if it was 3 or five. I may well get fancy and cut a larger number out of shink with Dave the Cricut and shrink it down, and then tie onto the pink ribbon…I will wait and see for that bit tomorrow.
I’ve been mega, mega busy at work, with no sign of it letting up, but at least the day goes by quickly.
Whilst working on this card, I’ve been listening to Russell Howard and the oh, so funny Jon Richardson…..he’s just the funniest thing ever, and just a little bit foxy.
- Take a piece of 12×12 white cardstock, and cut in half to measure 6×12. Using the Scor-it board, score in half. With the front facing cut the card diagonally.
- Line the inside of the card with the paper from English Paper Company, and stamp “A Big Happy Birthday” down the side in Black Memories Ink.
- Stamp the circle from the Paper Salon Tin on each of the squares on the paper with the Whispers Azure Seas ink.
- Take the green with blue dots border strip from the Get Groovy English Paper Border pack, and add to the front of the card.
- Stamp the swirl from the Paper Salon Tin using Grand Cranberry on the right side of the front.
- Take a spare piece of white cardstock and stamp the Humpty image in Art Print Brown Memories. Zap with a heat gun to set, and colour in with COPIC markers.
- Matt this onto a piece of bright blue from the River Deep Papermania pack, and punch the corners with the star punch. Add 3-d pads to the back, and mount across the front of the card over the green/blue dots paper. Run the Grand Cranberry Whispers Ink down the diagonal of the card.