just a quick video of the mini journal I made for a friend the other day – filmed in a hurry so the light quality isn’t great – but enjoy and hopefully I will be back with other “vids” very soon. Fingers crossed Santa is bringing me a web cam for Christmas.
The video editor (aka Toodles herself) is off enjoying herself in London Town … and just called to let me know that mos of the trains are cancelled and they are not sure when they will all get back …. worried ????????? you bet I am, but they are in a group!!!!!
Toodles and Binks Bare Nakey Chipboard covers in 6×6 and 6×3
Toodles and Binks Book Ringz
Basic Grey “Gypsy” paper pack
That Special Touch Mica
Green Copic Re-inker from Stamp Galaxy
Old Paper Distress Ink
Fabbie news, the Tando-Creative Chipboard delivery arrived this morning, and is already loaded in the shop. The birdies are so sweet, and I just love the mini house and pub from the Village Green collection.
Check em out, and have fun crafting.
mmmm, now this picture (taken by the Rubbah Elf I hasten to add) just does not do justice to how shiney the embossed circles are, or how beautifully irridescent the fish are in real life….. it’s all really 3-d, but again it most definitely has not come through – this is destined for a Birthday Boy tomorrow, so I am not sure if I can bet a better shot, but will give it a go.
Hippity hopping around is much better, but I am still in loads of pain – this bit of crafting has made me feel way better though.
EDITED TO ADD: Nope try as I might I can’t capture just how this shines in reality – soz about that.
E11 ~ Barely Beige
E27 ~ Africano
E31 ~ Brick Beige
E41 ~ Pearl White
E57 ~ Light Walnut
G21 ~ Lime Green
R02 ~ Flesh
YR 14 ~ Caramel
YR24 ~ Pale Sepia
Cutlebug: Standard Circles and Petite Scallop Circles
Cuttlebug: Circles Embossing Folder
Filed under At the Galaxy, Brilliance, Chiaro Flo EP, COPIC, Cuttlebug, Heat Embossing, Irridescent Medium, Markers and Colouring, Momento Ink, Nestabilities, Prism, Stamping
here at the Galaxy, and so to celebrate the great COPIC product upload that is going on, we have free shipping.
Simply input SHIP2ME in the coupon box at checkout, and hit “redeem” box and it will deduct the shipping costs for you all weekend.
We are working as fast as possible to get everything in store, and are currently working our way through the shipping manifest as quickly as possible, and will concentrate on the images when we get to the end of this (I have managed to get a couple of images input, so don’t be fooled into thinking that is all we have in store at the moment).
Right, now off to grab some toast and get back to it….
to post for her.
It has to be said that today’s delivery will most definitely made her day, and made her feel a little bit better….can you guess what is on the way?
if this has arrived then the rest is surely right behind it.
to celebrate the lovely sunny weather we are having here in Kent, and the fact that the Galaxy has a nice new store layout, with some great new features, we have added a 10% discount coupon for you valid until 7th May 2009.
Shop as usual at Stamp Galaxy, and then when you go to the checkout add the following Discount code:
to receive the deduction…….go ahead treat yourself, you’re worth it!
Last chance to enter today for the Blog Candy over at Toodlesandbinks.blogspot.com, as it will close 30th April. Don’t forget anyne who has entered any of the blog candy competitions this year will be carried forward to our “I Want It All” draw on 31st December 2009, when one lucky person will receive all the Toodles and Binks Stamps, Zoomz, SG-me! embossing powders and much, much more. The more people that take part the more over the year the more we will add.
There will be a temporary shut down of the Stamp Galaxy Store at some point tomorrow, Friday 1st May whilst we do some essential update, but the good news is it won’t take too long and we will be back with a better shop …. able to offer discount codes and a whole lot more!
There are a few “second” stmaps to be had, and if you are interested please use the email address (which can be found on their blog www.toodlesandbinks.blogspot.com) for details.
with the nice weather almost here, and a new trading year for us at the Galaxy, we decided that Black was not back………. and have opted for a nice clear white background ……… and I’m sure if you look you will see that we’ve tweaked the Toodles & Binks prices for better over there too.
just a little quick altered art piece for my Toodles to wear at Easter.
I need to take another picture as this closeup looks grainey – when in actuall fact because I used Chiaro Flo EP is is smooth as glass, and the others I have just discarded were out of focus. I might have to put the might of the Technical Rubbah Elf to work to get a good closeup.
- Anyway, stamp Amelie on the bear piece of stampboard, and then stamp the same image on a piece of Frisket masking tape and cut out the masking tape image.
- Place the mask over the top of Amelie and run the Marvy Blox (with the lightest green towards the middle down one side, and then turn it around so the lightest green meets it on the other side).
- Wait until this dries – I am officially rubbish about that bit – take the mask of Miss Bunnykins and colour her in with colouring pencils.
- Use stampboard scrathy thingy to scrape the surpace of her tail and colour with white.
- Colour Amelie with pencils and then smooth out with Zest it – I couldn’t find my blending stumps so just used the white pencil that came in the set – it worked a treat.
- Colour her tail with white pencile and then white gel pen.
- Add further white gel pen highlights etc.
- Place a piece of Frisket over the bottom of the stampboard. It stops it picking up too much stray EP as you do multi-layers on the front.
- One the gel pen has dried, completely cover the front with Versamark ink and sprinkle on a good portion of Chiaro Flo EP.
- Heat and repeat to get several layers – I think I did 4.
- Add versamark to edges of piece one by one, and then lay each edge in turn in the Spearmint Pearlised EP – I did two layers.
- Take off the Frisket from the bottom and do several thin coats of the Spearmint, and then a really thick coat to get the pitted look (or smooth if you are a smooth kinda gal).
- Re-heat the top of the piece and carefully sprinkle in pieces of the Spearmint EP around the top and edges. Keep sprinkling and heating until you get the desired look – remember you can always add, but taking away is not an option using this method!
- Give it a quick blast all over to ensure that it is all smooth.
- Punch a hole – actually, probably a good idea to punch before you have the final layer of EP on the front as I had to repair the damage.
Voila as they say ……….. and Toodles is delighted with it. I just need to either string some beads or do a leather thong rather than the velvet ribbon – or at the very least put a jump ring on and then re-thread with the ribbon.
I can’t wait to play with Chickadee now, and I have some fabbie new designs that will be released very soon to work on too.
for a limited time Toodles & Binks have got a 3 stamp bundle offer on, which is £11.00 for your choice of any three stamps in the current range, and if one of those happens to be Toodles & Binks Skate they will add in the Figures of 8 quotation stamp as well. Check it out here.