just a little quick altered art piece for my Toodles to wear at Easter.
- Amelie Bunnykins (RRP-11) by Toodles & Binks (Stamp Galaxy)
- Square piece of stampboard
- Versamark ink
- Stazon Black ink
- Shades of Green Blending Blox by Marvy
- Chiaro Flo Empossing Power (Stamp Galaxy)
- Spearmint Pearlite Empossing Powder
- Frisket Masing Film
- Colouring Pencils
- Zest it mineral spirits
- White gel pen
- Heat-it Heat Gun
- Non-stick craft Sheet and fingers made of asbestos
I need to take another picture as this closeup looks grainey – when in actuall fact because I used Chiaro Flo EP is is smooth as glass, and the others I have just discarded were out of focus. I might have to put the might of the Technical Rubbah Elf to work to get a good closeup.
- Anyway, stamp Amelie on the bear piece of stampboard, and then stamp the same image on a piece of Frisket masking tape and cut out the masking tape image.
- Place the mask over the top of Amelie and run the Marvy Blox (with the lightest green towards the middle down one side, and then turn it around so the lightest green meets it on the other side).
- Wait until this dries – I am officially rubbish about that bit – take the mask of Miss Bunnykins and colour her in with colouring pencils.
- Use stampboard scrathy thingy to scrape the surpace of her tail and colour with white.
- Colour Amelie with pencils and then smooth out with Zest it – I couldn’t find my blending stumps so just used the white pencil that came in the set – it worked a treat.
- Colour her tail with white pencile and then white gel pen.
- Add further white gel pen highlights etc.
- Place a piece of Frisket over the bottom of the stampboard. It stops it picking up too much stray EP as you do multi-layers on the front.
- One the gel pen has dried, completely cover the front with Versamark ink and sprinkle on a good portion of Chiaro Flo EP.
- Heat and repeat to get several layers – I think I did 4.
- Add versamark to edges of piece one by one, and then lay each edge in turn in the Spearmint Pearlised EP – I did two layers.
- Take off the Frisket from the bottom and do several thin coats of the Spearmint, and then a really thick coat to get the pitted look (or smooth if you are a smooth kinda gal).
- Re-heat the top of the piece and carefully sprinkle in pieces of the Spearmint EP around the top and edges. Keep sprinkling and heating until you get the desired look – remember you can always add, but taking away is not an option using this method!
- Give it a quick blast all over to ensure that it is all smooth.
- Punch a hole – actually, probably a good idea to punch before you have the final layer of EP on the front as I had to repair the damage.
Voila as they say ……….. and Toodles is delighted with it. I just need to either string some beads or do a leather thong rather than the velvet ribbon – or at the very least put a jump ring on and then re-thread with the ribbon.
I can’t wait to play with Chickadee now, and I have some fabbie new designs that will be released very soon to work on too.