Made a tri-fold card with a piece of white PM 6 x 6 cardstock.
Circle target stamp is from Aud’s Circle Sentiment sheet, and the “Happy Birthdaty” is from my See-Dee’s Piece of Cake Set (50500).
Inks used: Timber Brown StazOn, Sugar Plum Vintage Ink, and Marvy Metallic Blue Marker.
Other: Scor-it Board, Star Buttons, Vintage brown buttons, Sweetwater papers (blue stripe and check shirt), DMC blue thread and diamond glaze to fix on buttons.
found it, and I was right, some blighter had walked off with it. Seems the dreaded teenager and thought it was a lap top lead – duh!
Sorry about this scan, somewhat wonky.
10 x 5 piece of light fawn cardstock (not sure who by, but very thick) made into a square card. Piece of scrap Sweetwater paper, matted onto dark blue (in the same pack as the fawn).
Cut out stars using Cricut George at 2.5″ twice in red (same pack as the fawn), 2″ once in red, 2″ in stripe twice (Sweetwater) and 1.5″ once in stripe. Edged the edges of the red stars with Marvy Metallic Marker in silver and the stripe stars with a Sugarloaf Marker in blue. Stuck down on the square pattern paper, and added a turquoise button on each one from my Rusty Pick jar.
Stamped the round target circles (Aud’s Circle Sentiment Sheet) in Stary Night Vintage Ink by Ranger, then rounded off the corners of the card, and edged the whole with Stary Night.
I’m pants as maculine cards
I am soooooo very fed up, I put it underneath my desk to I would know where it was, and some blighter has moved it, and worse than that they are not owning up to having moved it and where the blazes it has been put.
I need my Cricut, and I am about to have a bitch fit right here and now!
Really quick (because I had the wooden rectangle already primed and painted) little door hanger for Lydia’s room.
Stamps: Bird and tiny flower from Non-Sequitur Sheet 85
Inks/Paints: Timber Brown and Blazing Red StazOn, Jo Sonja’s Old White and Rich Gold
Other: scraps of Basic Grey Blush and Infuse paper, wooden scrabble letters, small crocheted flower, red buttons and brown organza ribbon.
Holes made with Cropadile – ha, this time I remembered to puch them first!
I bought my board a few months ago, after seeing it on Craft Weekly TV, when I was really impressed about how it seemed to work.
I have to admit that it was pricey – about 35.00 quid, and I thought I was going to really, really like it when I got it home……..but, actually I didn’t as I found I would go off the side easily when scoring – is it just me that buys stuff and finds out it really is not as good as I’d hoped!
At that time Guy tried it out, and he didn’t seem to have that problem, and he (as usual) but it down to user error………anyhoo, I put it away, and felt guilty that I’d spent so much on yet another scoring tool, and tried not to think about it.
I then saw more and more people were using it, and loving it, so I dragged it out and tried again.
I do sometimes still go off the side a bit, but I know why now, I do not always locate the tool properly or keep the right pressure. If I do both of those things it really does work a treat, and the fact that you can centre it is just dandy.
So anyone else who has bought one, and not got on with it particularly well, take my attempts to heart, and don’t give up. I’m reaching for it more and more.
Try as I might, I just cannot make cards for men……….this is the closest that I can get.
Used my yummy Japanese Garden Starburt washes and my new stamp set – I really love the stem image that is on the sheet, and can seet that it’ll be used over and over again.
This was just a piece of 12×6 PM cardstock, which I made into a gatefold with my Scor-it board (** I’m make a comment about that in a mo **), then trimmed the two meeting edges with the flutted blade and my Purple Cow A5 trimmer.
Used Basic Grey Infuse 6×6 stack, and the Poincianna Red Flame from the Starburst washes.
Inside is lined with another piece from the Infuse stack, and also the large rub-on swirl from the Blush card kit (yep, still trying to use it up).
Inks used were: Old Paper Distress Ink and Hot Cococa (smells yummy) Vintage Ink from Ranger.
The main image is stuck donw on one side of the gatefold, and is from the Non-Seq Sheet (85). I basically spilt a bit of the Poincianna Red Flame wash on my craft sheet, and rather than waste it, just rubbed in a spare piece of PM white cardstock, then when dry stamped the image and matted onto more BG Infuse from the stack.
Unfortunately, it isn’t as glittery/sparkly as in real life, but there is a sense of just how yummy this set is.
Essentially, just like a large pot of Twinkling H20, which can be swoshed on really quickly.
I firstly laid down a wash of water, then blobbed on three colours from the set, laid over cling film and squidged it up to get the veining.